Working on something I wanted to do for a long time now.... Using openFrameworks I'm generating "mushrooms" for which I can tweak the width, size, roundness etc... I'm positioning the mushrooms randomly using basic dart throwing. I've exported the generated meshes to the .r3f format and imported it into Blender.
Top view of openFrameworks app which I used to generate some mushrooms. The colors are representing the vertex orders which I used while debugging.
This image above is rendered in Blender and the bottom sides of the mushrooms have a emission material applied to them. I'm trying to give this a bit more a mushroomish look but for now Cycles has no subsurface scattering which I could really use for the mushroom material.